The Auckland Medical Research Foundation (‘AMRF’, ‘the Foundation’) is committed to protecting your privacy.
Information about donations is handled with respect and confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
Some donors prefer anonymity. We will respect the wishes of contributors who prefer their gift to remain confidential. We do not lend, exchange, rent or sell our donor lists to other organisations.
The personal information you provide when making an online donation, purchasing a membership, applying for funds or becoming a volunteer will be protected by AMRF, and will not be disclosed to any third parties. You can opt out at any time.
AMRF collects and uses various personal information from individuals that includes: name, amount donated, dates of donations, address, telephone numbers, e-mail address, comments, attendance at events and date of birth.
• The Foundation holds personal information at the Foundation’s office: Level 1, 89 Grafton Road, Auckland.
• Incoming donations and related paperwork are stored securely until processed.
• After processing donations and banking any cash/cheques, the related paperwork is kept in archive boxes for seven years in a locked office/storage area.
• The Foundation’s online database is password protected.
AMRF will use contact information (e-mail, telephone numbers and address) of individuals:
• To distribute receipts for donations;
• To send donor acknowledgement letters and thank donors for their donations;
• To inform supporters about upcoming fundraising and other activities of the Foundation;
• For internal analysis and record keeping;
• For direct mailings;
• For the ordinary operation of its business including: to identify an individual; to provide supporters and applicants with products and services they require including the administration and management of those products and services; for researching and developing the Foundation’s products and services including an understanding of a supporter’s and applicants communications needs for the purposes of enhancing or improving the Foundation’s products and services; informing supporters and applicants of changes to the Foundation’s products and services; and to conduct appropriate checks regarding the provision of the products and services to a supporter or applicant;
• For any other purpose indicated at the time of supply of the information to the Foundation.
Staff and volunteers assume all donations are to be publicly announced unless the donor explicitly indicates otherwise. Comments given in donor forms may be used in promotional materials while comments sent to us via email, fax or telephone are kept strictly confidential.
You have the right to access and request a correction to your personal information. To ensure that your recorded personal information is accurate and up-to-date, or to opt out, please notify us by email email@example.com or by phone 09 923 1701.
All access to donor financial information is strictly limited to staff who need to process this data. AMRF uses Payment Express for online payment processing which protects personal information to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards. AMRF does not store, nor does it have access to, your credit card information, bank account numbers, or other account data sent to those processing services.
AMRF may collect and/or retain personal information about you as a result of you using our site. We only use this information in aggregate and it cannot be used to personally identify you. We do not collect identifiable information about you while you browse our website unless you choose to give it to us.
You can block some or all cookies by manually adjusting the cookie settings on your internet browser.
This website is for information only. It is not intended to replace medical or healthcare advice provided by a qualified medical practitioner. Any person requiring medical advice or treatment should seek proper care from an appropriate provider.
AMRF aims to ensure that all website information is from reliable and reputable sources and is accurate, and we accept no responsibility for the manner in which this information is subsequently used.
We are not responsible for the content or reliability of any external websites that we do not own or manage, that this website links to. AMRF does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them nor guarantee they will be active and function correctly at all times. Listing shall not be taken as endorsement of any kind.
The information contained on this website is derived from a number of sources. While AMRF has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that all information is from reliable and reputable sources and is accurate, it accepts no liability or responsibility for any acts or omissions, done or omitted in reliance in whole or in part, on the information.